Wednesday, February 20, 2013

my "just in case" box

OK, so this is a little off my typical topic/post, but not really if you think about it. It's part of the self-sufficiency that I so strongly believe in. Now, I'd like to preface this with: I am not a prepper! But, I do think it's a good idea to have, what I like to call, an oh sh*t box. That's what this is. It just contains enough food and first aid for an emergency. We've had two hurricanes in two years and we are less then an hour from where Storm Sandy caused major damage.



here's a list of some of the things I have in here:


  • salt
  • ground coffee
  • rice (3 different kinds)
  • quinoa
  • beans
  • instant noodles
  • fruit cups
  • juice boxes
  • cold compress
  • floss
  • bandages
  • bandaids
  • finger splints
  • non-latex gloves
  • aspirin
  • tylenol
  • ibuprofen
  • benadryl
  • alcohol pads
  • antiseptic
I add things as I think of them, it's a lot fuller now then it was when I took this picture.