Sunday, July 08, 2012

homemade hand sanitizer recipe


Once again, I couldn't believe how easy it was to make this. And, although I am a firm believer that germs have their place in our world, there are times when I can't wash my hands...

I'm a little unsure about the alcohol because of the drying properties, but I like the idea of knowing one of the ingredients would definitely kill germs. Some of my research has led me to the notion that just tree oil, witch hazel and aloe vera gel would be enough, but being this was my first attempt, I was feeling a slightly neurotic about the process/ingredients.


  • 1/4 cup pure aloe vera gel
  • 1/4 cup grain alcohol (Everclear)
  • 1 Tablespoon of witch hazel
  • 20 drops tea tree oil
  • 5 drops lavender essential oil
  • 3 drops lemon grass essential oil